Equity Integration and Application Training
For a truly equitable society, allyship needs to be practiced at individual and institutional levels. That’s why we provide learning opportunities that make active allyship and equity work less daunting. As a racialized youth-led organization, we understand the impacts of poor allyship, especially within institutions. We’re committed to sharing our lived experiences, research, and expertise with organizations who want to invest in a future designed for everyone’s well-being.
Our world is changing- it’s time to move beyond intention, towards tangible action taken by individuals and organizations that are human-centered and impact-focused. Reach out to us for Equity Integration and Application Training.
What makes our training effective?
1. We make learning accessible. We design our content based on the knowledge level of your organization and connect our theories and frameworks to real life case studies and examples.
2. We believe in learning together. We engage our participants through discussions and reflection activities so they can learn from each other's lived experience and expertise.
3. We specialize content. We know your work is unique to you, so we design our content to match your needs.
4. Our trainers have lived experiences of the work that they train on. They have a vested interest in ensuring your learning and can speak to different manifestations of inequity.
5. We prioritize sustainability in learning and relationship building. We create open lines of communication with our clients so they can ask us questions or report on their progress even months after the training ends.
Our Training Themes
Anti-racist systems, behaviours, and actions
‘Anti-racism’ has become a popular term in the last year, but what does true anti-racism look like? Under this theme, trainers will unpack the many ways racism manifests into systems, actions, culture, policy, and assumptions. By covering instigators of anti-racism, participants are pushed to reflect on the ways they are complicit in racist behaviours and systems. This training detangles the intricacies of racism, including the ways non-Black people of colour uphold racism, and how our consumption of media leads to racism in the workplace. Using human-centered policy-making activities, participants are encouraged to develop actions, measure impact, and hold themselves accountable to building anti-racist spaces.